||Chapelier [ Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:23 am ]
||Changes in Assault Wing 22.214.171.124
Assault Wing 126.96.36.199 was published today. It contains the following changes.
- Bots don't like staying next to walls. This dramatically increases their IQ as they won't nearly as easily kill themselves shooting at a nearby wall.
- Adjusted target seeking parameters of rockets and bots; rockets much prefer targets that are straight ahead while it is now much more difficult to sneak behind a bot without catching its attention.
- All menus are now operable with game pads as well as the keyboard. Also equipment selection is done always with the WASD and arrow keys (or game pads) instead of a player's ship controls.
- Fixed a bug in how player kills and deaths were counted on game clients. Consequently this bug caused game clients to show slightly incorrect player scores. The bug didn't concern game servers or local games. Also player statistics were always counted correctly.
- The Battlefront menu no longer compains of a pilot login error if you haven't even provided a password in the first place. This was an annoying glitch for first-time players and others who play without registered pilots.
- Fixed a bug where the player viewport flashed momentarily blue when the arena radar silhouette was updated.
- Fixed an infrequent crash bug in battlefront games.
Another new development is that Assault Wing has a Twitter feed where we automatically update the results of each arena. This concerns not only the scheduled battles on Wednesdays and Sundays but all arenas played on the official server. We'll probably tweet also about updates to Assault Wing and other things that might be of interest to an average battlefront pilot.