Assault Wing 220.127.116.11 was published today. It features the following changes and improvements.
- Assault Wing uses Farseer Physics Engine. Farseer is based on the popular Box2D physics engine. The old, hand-coded physics engine was dropped because Farseer has better performance and more features. The visible features include that the rotation speed of bonuses, mines, etc. changes realistically in collisions. Farseer also provides more stable physics simulation which reduces object jumping in network games. The next version of Assault Wing is also likely to include a new weapon, Fusion Cone, that is partly made possible by the new physics engine.
- Increased ship repair speed at docks by 90 %.
- Fixed a bug in kill and death counting. The bug was limited to what game clients displayed in their scoreboards. Score counting on game servers and the Battlefront statistics was not affected.
- Fixed a bug that caused Assault Wing to use extra much CPU time in situations where the game lagged behind.
- Game server removes pilots that have been offline for three minutes. The pilots can rejoin the game (assuming there is still free pilot slots) but their score will have been zeroed for the arena. Previously offline pilots were removed only when a new arena started.
- Pilot score reporting to Battlefront statistics has better chances to recover in case the connection breaks during an arena.
- Various minor improvements in networking.