Assault Wing 126.96.36.199 was published today. It features several balancing adjustments to ship equipment.
- A catmoflaged ship becomes slightly visible only at very high velocities. Plissken can fly full speed without becoming visible even to bots. The faster ships Bugger and Windlord can remain rather invisible for the naked eye even when flying full speed but will be noticed by bots unless they slow down from their top velocity a little bit. Also catmoflage reload time was dropped from 11.2 seconds to 9 seconds and its fade out speed was increased some. It should now be possible to use catmoflage in a much more aggressive way. We hope this will make catmoflage more popular among pilots! ^_^
- Blink range was reduced from 500 pixels to 300 pixels. The purpose of this is to emphasize the intended role of blink as an evasive modification. Previously it was very easy to use blink also to catch and score kills from weak opponents, take immense shortcuts in arenas. It was also easy to evade incoming fire by just triggering your blink in any available direction. With this range reduction, evasion will require a little more aiming to be successful.
- Reduced the time ships are invincible and unable to fire when they are born. The time was reduced from 4 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Repulsor reload time was lowered slightly from 5 seconds to 4.5 seconds.
- Ship modification energy reload speed was very slightly increased for Windlord and Plissken.